Most builders say they are “Custom”, but what exactly does that mean? Builders can say they are custom just by moving a window, adding a door, etc. They may even use tricky marketing and sales tactics to lure you in. But once you begin talking with them, you quickly realize that they will customize a home and charge BIG fees to do so.
We are truly a “custom home builder” with pricing that is very competitive because we have low overhead, a no nonsense attitude, are committed to customer relationships, and on the job every day to ensure things are done right.
When speaking with a builder, ask them these questions:
- Will I be working with the person that holds the State Certified Contractors License for the company that will permit and build my new home?
- Will I have the cell phone number and email address for the owner of the company?
- Can I make as many changes as I want to the floor plan and specifications?
- Can I choose any option I would like to include in my home?
- Can you draw and design a new custom floor plan and elevation for me?
- Will you work from a plan that I want to provide?
- What items will I be able to select for my new home?